Patrick Burke was born in the small town of Richmond, in the small state of Rhode Island. He has never been outside of the country but aspires to travel to exotic, forgotten places. He is a junior at University of Rhode Island, studying journalism and history. This summer he hopes to study abroad in Ireland, summoning Joyce's spirit and learning the Irish oral tradition as handed down in bar songs. He works multiple jobs — he teaches snowboard lessons, he snowboards, he surfs a bit and enjoys Rhode Island's various beaches, bays, ponds and swimming holes in the summer.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...I'm sorry, but if my child were in a class with these two, I would pull him out...."
- by reader Karen
- by reader Tara
- by reader Kaiyotee
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Parallel worlds exist and interact with our world, say physicists
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- The Grand Canyon is under attack (from humans)
- 15 famous people who mysteriously disappeared
- Mother's photos glorify a mermaid's adventures
- World's cutest endangered animal photographed for first time in over 2 decades
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- How long would it take to fall through a hole in the Earth?
- Do you have the wanderlust gene?
- Can you identify these trees based on their flowers?