Patrick Burke was born in the small town of Richmond, in the small state of Rhode Island. He has never been outside of the country but aspires to travel to exotic, forgotten places. He is a junior at University of Rhode Island, studying journalism and history. This summer he hopes to study abroad in Ireland, summoning Joyce's spirit and learning the Irish oral tradition as handed down in bar songs. He works multiple jobs — he teaches snowboard lessons, he snowboards, he surfs a bit and enjoys Rhode Island's various beaches, bays, ponds and swimming holes in the summer.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...I'm sorry, but if my child were in a class with these two, I would pull him out...."
- by reader Karen
- by reader Tara
- by reader Kaiyotee
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Can you identify these trees based on their flowers?
- Parallel worlds exist and interact with our world, say physicists
- Your eyeballs can now be injected with night vision
- Cities around the world to dim lights for Earth Hour
- How a patio planter can grow fresher, easier veggies
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- How to get rid of wasps naturally
- Need a dose of happy? Watch this video