Patrick Burke was born in the small town of Richmond, in the small state of Rhode Island. He has never been outside of the country but aspires to travel to exotic, forgotten places. He is a junior at University of Rhode Island, studying journalism and history. This summer he hopes to study abroad in Ireland, summoning Joyce's spirit and learning the Irish oral tradition as handed down in bar songs. He works multiple jobs — he teaches snowboard lessons, he snowboards, he surfs a bit and enjoys Rhode Island's various beaches, bays, ponds and swimming holes in the summer.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Are we heading for a new 'Mass Extinction?'
- 10 recipes for Brussels sprouts that will make them your new favorite vegetable
- Why are some polar bear populations in decline while others are stable?
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- How to keep scratch-happy cats off furniture
- Photographer finds radiance in wildlife of Arctic tundra
- How 'hygge' can help you get through winter
- 6 food companies embracing the art of storytelling
- The ultimate sweet potato recipe roundup
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?