Patrick Burke was born in the small town of Richmond, in the small state of Rhode Island. He has never been outside of the country but aspires to travel to exotic, forgotten places. He is a junior at University of Rhode Island, studying journalism and history. This summer he hopes to study abroad in Ireland, summoning Joyce's spirit and learning the Irish oral tradition as handed down in bar songs. He works multiple jobs — he teaches snowboard lessons, he snowboards, he surfs a bit and enjoys Rhode Island's various beaches, bays, ponds and swimming holes in the summer.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- What your sleep position says about you
- How 'hygge' can help you get through winter
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Ballet dancer finds her footing through dreamlike photos
- Giant lost: World's largest earwig declared extinct
- 10 natural cough remedies
- 10 of the world's biggest unsolved mysteries: Go figure
- Charming animation aims to save British hedgehogs
- Why are some people colder than others?
- 8-bit nostalgia: Cubist-like watercolor paintings reimagine pop culture icons