Patrick Burke was born in the small town of Richmond, in the small state of Rhode Island. He has never been outside of the country but aspires to travel to exotic, forgotten places. He is a junior at University of Rhode Island, studying journalism and history. This summer he hopes to study abroad in Ireland, summoning Joyce's spirit and learning the Irish oral tradition as handed down in bar songs. He works multiple jobs — he teaches snowboard lessons, he snowboards, he surfs a bit and enjoys Rhode Island's various beaches, bays, ponds and swimming holes in the summer.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Say what? 11 untranslatable words from other cultures [Infographic]
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 12 amazing places to sleep before you turn 50
- 7 tiny homes that celebrate simple living
- 15 famous people who mysteriously disappeared
- 7 of the best aurora borealis videos from 2014
- 8 habits of happy people
- 10 natural cough remedies
- How to hike with your dog: Tips, rules and great gear
- Would you believe these award-winning photographs were captured with an iPhone?