Pavane Gorrepati is a junior at Rivermont Collegiate in Bettendorf, Iowa. Since the sixth grade, she has been conducting research on the efficacy of fuel cell technology for the cars of tomorrow, and has presented her research across the country. She started her school's first environmental club and has an active interest in environmental policy around the world. She enjoys hiking and communicating with others across the country about what one can do to help the environment.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...There may very well be wood types that are best split green, but red oak isn't one of them...."
- by reader LKS473
- by reader Steven
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- The Barefoot Farmer grows more than food
- Little girl feeds crows; in return, they bring her gifts
- 5 elderly women take care of 1,300 stray dogs in China
- 6 cool things you can make from old jeans
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 5 mind-bending facts about dreams
- 7 things I wish someone told me before I adopted a dog
- 17-year-old invents water purifier powered by the sun
- 5 single-serve items to purge from your life
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.