Rachel is a student at Willamette University in Salem, Ore., with a double-major in politics and Spanish. She is especially interested in how environmental rights play out in the political sphere, both in the United States as well as internationally. She has interned for Greenpeace's "Project Hot Seat," The Student Conservation Association and The Oregon League of Conservation Voters.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...There may very well be wood types that are best split green, but red oak isn't one of them...."
- by reader LKS473
- by reader Steven
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 22 words you're probably saying wrong
- Little girl feeds crows; in return, they bring her gifts
- The Barefoot Farmer grows more than food
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- How often should you wash your towels?
- 6 cool things you can make from old jeans
- These starling murmurations are not what they appear
- Parallel worlds exist and interact with our world, say physicists
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- Bras don't actually work, says French study