Rachel is a student at Willamette University in Salem, Ore., with a double-major in politics and Spanish. She is especially interested in how environmental rights play out in the political sphere, both in the United States as well as internationally. She has interned for Greenpeace's "Project Hot Seat," The Student Conservation Association and The Oregon League of Conservation Voters.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 10 recipes for Brussels sprouts that will make them your new favorite vegetable
- How to help stray animals survive the winter
- How 'hygge' can help you get through winter
- Why do dogs tilt their heads when we speak?
- Why is it so hard to walk and not spill your coffee? Physicists have the answer
- Are we heading for a new 'Mass Extinction?'
- 14 stunning portraits show the beauty of black and white wildlife photography
- Wolf traveled more than 450 miles to Grand Canyon
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion