Rachel is a student at Willamette University in Salem, Ore., with a double-major in politics and Spanish. She is especially interested in how environmental rights play out in the political sphere, both in the United States as well as internationally. She has interned for Greenpeace's "Project Hot Seat," The Student Conservation Association and The Oregon League of Conservation Voters.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...There may very well be wood types that are best split green, but red oak isn't one of them...."
- by reader LKS473
- by reader Steven
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Little girl feeds crows; in return, they bring her gifts
- 5 mind-bending facts about dreams
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 5 single-serve items to purge from your life
- 15 famous people who mysteriously disappeared
- Hippo's ancestor was the size of an overgrown sheep
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?
- Artist's mandala bowls extol magic of superfoods
- Parallel worlds exist and interact with our world, say physicists
- How to hike with your cat