Roberta Cruger, a freelance journalist based in Pasadena, Calif., has covered green rooms, green cards and green housing, contributing to publications including Salon, Smithsonian, The Believer, LA Times magazine, National Geographic Traveler and MSNBC websites. She's also the U.S. correspondent for AFP's lifestyle wire service, RelaxNews.
Cruger started writing about sustainable issues in the '90s, from organic gardening for Rescue magazine to green celebrity news for Plenty magazine. She writes about arts and culture, food and travel, design and media —- and how it all relates to the environment.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...There may very well be wood types that are best split green, but red oak isn't one of them...."
- by reader LKS473
- by reader Steven
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Little girl feeds crows; in return, they bring her gifts
- 5 single-serve items to purge from your life
- 17-year-old invents water purifier powered by the sun
- How to hike with your cat
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- This woman sees more than 2 colors in 'the dress'
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- Bras don't actually work, says French study
- What is freezing fog?
- Scientists make music for cats