Roberta Cruger, a freelance journalist based in Pasadena, Calif., has covered green rooms, green cards and green housing, contributing to publications including Salon, Smithsonian, The Believer, LA Times magazine, National Geographic Traveler and MSNBC websites. She's also the U.S. correspondent for AFP's lifestyle wire service, RelaxNews.
Cruger started writing about sustainable issues in the '90s, from organic gardening for Rescue magazine to green celebrity news for Plenty magazine. She writes about arts and culture, food and travel, design and media —- and how it all relates to the environment.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"..."Please" and "Thank You" are two tiny words that need to come back into our vocabulary. ..."
- by reader Kristal
"...Every drop of water matters...."
- by reader GhhShirley
- by reader Free Voice
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 6 time-tested ways to revitalize your metabolism
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- To avoid wrinkles, woman hasn't smiled in 40 years
- Thanks bro! 9 videos of humans giving animals a helping hand
- 15 famous people who mysteriously disappeared
- Archaeologists unearth 5,000-year-old 'third-gender' caveman
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?
- Cryosleep: It's not just science fiction anymore
- 12 plants that repel unwanted insects