Rory Mattson is a senior at the University of St. Thomas in St. Paul, Minn. He is a double major in political science and print journalism with a minor in geology. Mattson has worked for his school's newspaper since his sophomore year when he started as a staff writer and worked his way up to opinions editor, managing editor and then editor-in-chief for his senior year. Born and raised in the Twin Cities, Mattson has spent his summers coaching youth soccer and his winters working as a snowboard instructor. He loves peas, Brussels sprouts and steamed broccoli, but has a hard time stomaching rutabagas.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...Stands to reason anything that's bad for one lung is bad for another. ..."
- by reader Brent WIlbur
- by reader tlr
- by reader GCO
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Bras don't actually work, says French study
- Bizarre lamb with human-like face born in Russia
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- 6 tools to help predict how long you'll live
- The long, strange history of the laugh track
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 9 of the world's smallest birds
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth
- What dehydration can do to your body [Infographic]