Rory Mattson is a senior at the University of St. Thomas in St. Paul, Minn. He is a double major in political science and print journalism with a minor in geology. Mattson has worked for his school's newspaper since his sophomore year when he started as a staff writer and worked his way up to opinions editor, managing editor and then editor-in-chief for his senior year. Born and raised in the Twin Cities, Mattson has spent his summers coaching youth soccer and his winters working as a snowboard instructor. He loves peas, Brussels sprouts and steamed broccoli, but has a hard time stomaching rutabagas.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 'Dr. Oz' is wrong more than half the time, study finds
- Cape Cod dune shacks float on the edge of the continent
- 17 things you didn't know you could do in a waffle iron
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 10 false facts most people think are true
- British farmer ordered to demolish clandestine castle house
- How 'hygge' can help you get through winter
- Enjoy a healthier night's sleep in this totally transparent house
- How often do you really need to shower?
- 5 fun family games for Christmas