Rory Mattson is a senior at the University of St. Thomas in St. Paul, Minn. He is a double major in political science and print journalism with a minor in geology. Mattson has worked for his school's newspaper since his sophomore year when he started as a staff writer and worked his way up to opinions editor, managing editor and then editor-in-chief for his senior year. Born and raised in the Twin Cities, Mattson has spent his summers coaching youth soccer and his winters working as a snowboard instructor. He loves peas, Brussels sprouts and steamed broccoli, but has a hard time stomaching rutabagas.
Rory's MOST RECENT COMMENTS
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Could you survive being lost in the woods? Quiz
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 100 years later, the passenger pigeon still haunts us
- Drone films dozens of wild dolphins surfing together
- How extensive is California's drought? Compare the photos
- 10 habits you should pick up from your grandmother
- Pharrell's 'Happy' is even happier in sign language
- 18 things you didn't know about dog paws
- 10 natural cough remedies
- Why do dogs tilt their heads when we speak?