Rory Mattson is a senior at the University of St. Thomas in St. Paul, Minn. He is a double major in political science and print journalism with a minor in geology. Mattson has worked for his school's newspaper since his sophomore year when he started as a staff writer and worked his way up to opinions editor, managing editor and then editor-in-chief for his senior year. Born and raised in the Twin Cities, Mattson has spent his summers coaching youth soccer and his winters working as a snowboard instructor. He loves peas, Brussels sprouts and steamed broccoli, but has a hard time stomaching rutabagas.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Nature-loving pets help veteran overcome PTSD
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Guide to pairing wine with Halloween candy
- 11 things dog owners should never say
- Are bread crusts more nutritious?
- 114,000 pounds of trash found at uninhabited islands
- How to prevent your child being bitten by the family dog
- Food fraud: 10 counterfeit products we commonly consume
- 9 interesting noises from NASA's SoundCloud stream
- Say what? 11 untranslatable words from other cultures [Infographic]