Rory Mattson is a senior at the University of St. Thomas in St. Paul, Minn. He is a double major in political science and print journalism with a minor in geology. Mattson has worked for his school's newspaper since his sophomore year when he started as a staff writer and worked his way up to opinions editor, managing editor and then editor-in-chief for his senior year. Born and raised in the Twin Cities, Mattson has spent his summers coaching youth soccer and his winters working as a snowboard instructor. He loves peas, Brussels sprouts and steamed broccoli, but has a hard time stomaching rutabagas.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...I'm sorry, but if my child were in a class with these two, I would pull him out...."
- by reader Karen
- by reader Tara
- by reader Kaiyotee
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Need a dose of happy? Watch this video
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Giant manta ray briefly dances with surprised diver
- Parallel worlds exist and interact with our world, say physicists
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Immortal jellyfish: Does it really live forever?
- Do you have the wanderlust gene?
- This might be the best video of lava you've ever seen
- 17 photos of dogs enjoying a windy day