Adding fuel to the writing life, she’s also interned on small farms, helped out as a volunteer with Crop Mob Atlanta, and maintains an aspirational vegetable garden where she battles shade and tries to apply permaculture principles to her city lot. Stacie is an avid fan of weird foods, especially ferments, and makes pickles and krauts, kombucha, beer, and mead from the honey her backyard bees produce.
Stacie lives a few feet outside of Atlanta proper with a dog, a cat, and various bubbling vessels keeping life interesting. Follow her on Twitter at @staciewrites.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 10 ways to give without buying stuff
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- How to transform your sleep with the sun
- 'Miracle Dogs' celebrates rescue dogs and their owners
- Million-mummy cemetery unearthed in Egypt
- 17 things you didn't know you could do in a waffle iron
- Why a former NFL star gave up football to become a farmer
- What are the hardest languages to learn?
- 5 fun family games for Christmas
- Welcome to the magical world of Christmas tree worms