Adding fuel to the writing life, she’s also interned on small farms, helped out as a volunteer with Crop Mob Atlanta, and maintains an aspirational vegetable garden where she battles shade and tries to apply permaculture principles to her city lot. Stacie is an avid fan of weird foods, especially ferments, and makes pickles and krauts, kombucha, beer, and mead from the honey her backyard bees produce.
Stacie lives a few feet outside of Atlanta proper with a dog, a cat, and various bubbling vessels keeping life interesting. Follow her on Twitter at @staciewrites.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"..."Please" and "Thank You" are two tiny words that need to come back into our vocabulary. ..."
- by reader Kristal
"...Every drop of water matters...."
- by reader GhhShirley
- by reader Free Voice
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 10 habits you should pick up from your grandmother
- Archaeologists unearth 5,000-year-old 'third-gender' caveman
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 12 plants that repel unwanted insects
- 'Everlasting storm' has 1 million lightning strikes a year
- Wild mushrooms: What to eat, what to avoid
- 6 time-tested ways to revitalize your metabolism
- 13 surprising home remedies for acid reflux
- Why creative people shouldn't work 9 to 5