Adding fuel to the writing life, she’s also interned on small farms, helped out as a volunteer with Crop Mob Atlanta, and maintains an aspirational vegetable garden where she battles shade and tries to apply permaculture principles to her city lot. Stacie is an avid fan of weird foods, especially ferments, and makes pickles and krauts, kombucha, beer, and mead from the honey her backyard bees produce.
Stacie lives a few feet outside of Atlanta proper with a dog, a cat, and various bubbling vessels keeping life interesting. Follow her on Twitter at @staciewrites.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...There may very well be wood types that are best split green, but red oak isn't one of them...."
- by reader LKS473
- by reader Steven
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 8 life lessons we learned from Dr. Seuss
- Little girl feeds crows; in return, they bring her gifts
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- 22 words you're probably saying wrong
- When zombie apocalypse comes, head for the Rockies
- 7 little-known side effects of daylight saving time
- The Barefoot Farmer grows more than food
- Parallel worlds exist and interact with our world, say physicists
- Which of the 8 kinds of intelligence do you have?