Adding fuel to the writing life, she’s also interned on small farms, helped out as a volunteer with Crop Mob Atlanta, and maintains an aspirational vegetable garden where she battles shade and tries to apply permaculture principles to her city lot. Stacie is an avid fan of weird foods, especially ferments, and makes pickles and krauts, kombucha, beer, and mead from the honey her backyard bees produce.
Stacie lives a few feet outside of Atlanta proper with a dog, a cat, and various bubbling vessels keeping life interesting. Follow her on Twitter at @staciewrites.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...Broga? Really? Are they targeting college frat boys as a demo? ..."
- by reader StoJa
- by reader John M. Uscian
- by reader Highlowsel Smith
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Map points the way for the ultimate U.S. road trip
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 7 things you can make yourself instead of buying
- 10 gorgeous U.S. waterfront campgrounds
- 12 plants that repel unwanted insects
- Kooky cartwheeling spider among bizarre new species
- 22 words you're probably saying wrong
- How smart are you about crows and ravens? MNN quiz
- Best air-filtering houseplants, according to NASA