Adding fuel to the writing life, she’s also interned on small farms, helped out as a volunteer with Crop Mob Atlanta, and maintains an aspirational vegetable garden where she battles shade and tries to apply permaculture principles to her city lot. Stacie is an avid fan of weird foods, especially ferments, and makes pickles and krauts, kombucha, beer, and mead from the honey her backyard bees produce.
Stacie lives a few feet outside of Atlanta proper with a dog, a cat, and various bubbling vessels keeping life interesting. Follow her on Twitter at @staciewrites.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...I'm sorry, but if my child were in a class with these two, I would pull him out...."
- by reader Karen
- by reader Tara
- by reader Kaiyotee
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Your eyeballs can now be injected with night vision
- How to make overnight oats
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Parallel worlds exist and interact with our world, say physicists
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Graphene contact lenses could give you Predator-vision
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- 17 photos of dogs enjoying a windy day
- IKEA's 'Better Shelter' refugee housing units heading to Iraq
- The Grand Canyon is under attack (from humans)