Adding fuel to the writing life, she’s also interned on small farms, helped out as a volunteer with Crop Mob Atlanta, and maintains an aspirational vegetable garden where she battles shade and tries to apply permaculture principles to her city lot. Stacie is an avid fan of weird foods, especially ferments, and makes pickles and krauts, kombucha, beer, and mead from the honey her backyard bees produce.
Stacie lives a few feet outside of Atlanta proper with a dog, a cat, and various bubbling vessels keeping life interesting. Follow her on Twitter at @staciewrites.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Guns really do change the way you think
- Alpine cable car is converted into high altitude Airbnb listing
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Parallel worlds exist and interact with our world, say physicists
- Gadzooks! The truth behind not-so-innocent phrases
- Drink beer. It's good for your brain
- 15 famous people who mysteriously disappeared
- 10 habits you should pick up from your grandmother
- 'Cinderella' tiger orphan returns to wild, meets prince