Adding fuel to the writing life, she’s also interned on small farms, helped out as a volunteer with Crop Mob Atlanta, and maintains an aspirational vegetable garden where she battles shade and tries to apply permaculture principles to her city lot. Stacie is an avid fan of weird foods, especially ferments, and makes pickles and krauts, kombucha, beer, and mead from the honey her backyard bees produce.
Stacie lives a few feet outside of Atlanta proper with a dog, a cat, and various bubbling vessels keeping life interesting. Follow her on Twitter at @staciewrites.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 11 things dog owners should never say
- 11 ways to open a stuck jar lid
- Guide to pairing wine with Halloween candy
- 'In Search of Lost Frogs': Photographer rescues frogs from oblivion
- Creepy peepers: The science behind trippy fly eyes
- 13 surprising home remedies for acid reflux
- 10 natural cough remedies
- Food fraud: 10 counterfeit products we commonly consume
- How fluent are you in dog-speak?