Adding fuel to the writing life, she’s also interned on small farms, helped out as a volunteer with Crop Mob Atlanta, and maintains an aspirational vegetable garden where she battles shade and tries to apply permaculture principles to her city lot. Stacie is an avid fan of weird foods, especially ferments, and makes pickles and krauts, kombucha, beer, and mead from the honey her backyard bees produce.
Stacie lives a few feet outside of Atlanta proper with a dog, a cat, and various bubbling vessels keeping life interesting. Follow her on Twitter at @staciewrites.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- What your blood type says about you
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- What to pack for a hike: 10 essential items
- How a viable nuclear fusion reactor really could change the world
- Can’t afford a $250 Sonic Decanter? There are other ways to improve a bottle
- Best air-filtering houseplants, according to NASA
- 12 recipes to elevate spinach to best-friend status
- 10 natural cough remedies
- 25 creative ways to help animal shelters
- This little owl has eyelashes like snowflakes