Adding fuel to the writing life, she’s also interned on small farms, helped out as a volunteer with Crop Mob Atlanta, and maintains an aspirational vegetable garden where she battles shade and tries to apply permaculture principles to her city lot. Stacie is an avid fan of weird foods, especially ferments, and makes pickles and krauts, kombucha, beer, and mead from the honey her backyard bees produce.
Stacie lives a few feet outside of Atlanta proper with a dog, a cat, and various bubbling vessels keeping life interesting. Follow her on Twitter at @staciewrites.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Guess which cars are magnets for speeding tickets? (Hint: It's not the Ferraris)
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 50 whales may be a new (and very endangered) species
- 50 ways to reuse your garbage
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Going off the grid: Why more people are choosing to live life unplugged
- Why dogs don't like to be hugged
- Wildlife photography in city parks: A how-to guide
- 22 things you didn't know about hedgehogs
- 10 natural cough remedies