Adding fuel to the writing life, she’s also interned on small farms, helped out as a volunteer with Crop Mob Atlanta, and maintains an aspirational vegetable garden where she battles shade and tries to apply permaculture principles to her city lot. Stacie is an avid fan of weird foods, especially ferments, and makes pickles and krauts, kombucha, beer, and mead from the honey her backyard bees produce.
Stacie lives a few feet outside of Atlanta proper with a dog, a cat, and various bubbling vessels keeping life interesting. Follow her on Twitter at @staciewrites.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...I'm sorry, but if my child were in a class with these two, I would pull him out...."
- by reader Karen
- by reader Tara
- by reader Kaiyotee
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Cahokia: America's unknown ancient city
- 7 things your senior dog would like to tell you
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 20 crafty uses for K-Cups
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- 15 famous people who mysteriously disappeared
- Meet Ingo and Poldi, best friends breaking all the rules
- 8 adorable videos of baby animals taking baths
- Newfound spiders have names to match their flash
- 7 little-known side effects of daylight saving time