Adding fuel to the writing life, she’s also interned on small farms, helped out as a volunteer with Crop Mob Atlanta, and maintains an aspirational vegetable garden where she battles shade and tries to apply permaculture principles to her city lot. Stacie is an avid fan of weird foods, especially ferments, and makes pickles and krauts, kombucha, beer, and mead from the honey her backyard bees produce.
Stacie lives a few feet outside of Atlanta proper with a dog, a cat, and various bubbling vessels keeping life interesting. Follow her on Twitter at @staciewrites.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...I'm sorry, but if my child were in a class with these two, I would pull him out...."
- by reader Karen
- by reader Tara
- by reader Kaiyotee
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Your eyeballs can now be injected with night vision
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Parallel worlds exist and interact with our world, say physicists
- Need a dose of happy? Watch this video
- 5 mind-bending facts about dreams
- This might be the best video of lava you've ever seen
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 15 famous people who mysteriously disappeared
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- World's cutest endangered animal photographed for first time in over 2 decades