Adding fuel to the writing life, she’s also interned on small farms, helped out as a volunteer with Crop Mob Atlanta, and maintains an aspirational vegetable garden where she battles shade and tries to apply permaculture principles to her city lot. Stacie is an avid fan of weird foods, especially ferments, and makes pickles and krauts, kombucha, beer, and mead from the honey her backyard bees produce.
Stacie lives a few feet outside of Atlanta proper with a dog, a cat, and various bubbling vessels keeping life interesting. Follow her on Twitter at @staciewrites.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Photographers snap Siding Spring comet buzzing Mars
- The surprising health benefits of ginger
- 5 ways you can help pit bulls (and 1 involves extremely cute puppy photos)
- Night skiing is even cooler if you're covered in LEDs
- 'Heart of the Sea' teaser hints at the wrath of Moby Dick
- Use baking soda for easy-to-peel hard-boiled eggs
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?
- 25 creative ways to help animal shelters
- 10 natural cough remedies