Adding fuel to the writing life, she’s also interned on small farms, helped out as a volunteer with Crop Mob Atlanta, and maintains an aspirational vegetable garden where she battles shade and tries to apply permaculture principles to her city lot. Stacie is an avid fan of weird foods, especially ferments, and makes pickles and krauts, kombucha, beer, and mead from the honey her backyard bees produce.
Stacie lives a few feet outside of Atlanta proper with a dog, a cat, and various bubbling vessels keeping life interesting. Follow her on Twitter at @staciewrites.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 17 things you didn't know you could do in a waffle iron
- Cape Cod dune shacks float on the edge of the continent
- How 'hygge' can help you get through winter
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 27 gourmet vegetarian recipes for Christmas dinner
- Baked Polenta with Roasted Vegetables: Recipe
- 6 things you probably didn't know about 'It's a Wonderful Life'
- 5 fun family games for Christmas
- 13 surprising home remedies for acid reflux
- Critically endangered sea turtles rebound in Nicaragua