Adding fuel to the writing life, she’s also interned on small farms, helped out as a volunteer with Crop Mob Atlanta, and maintains an aspirational vegetable garden where she battles shade and tries to apply permaculture principles to her city lot. Stacie is an avid fan of weird foods, especially ferments, and makes pickles and krauts, kombucha, beer, and mead from the honey her backyard bees produce.
Stacie lives a few feet outside of Atlanta proper with a dog, a cat, and various bubbling vessels keeping life interesting. Follow her on Twitter at @staciewrites.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- How to keep scratch-happy cats off furniture
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Photographer finds radiance in wildlife of Arctic tundra
- When is the best time to buy airplane tickets?
- How 'hygge' can help you get through winter
- The ultimate sweet potato recipe roundup
- How to get your child to take a nap
- 18 foods that fight common ailments
- How to discuss climate change with your uncle during the holidays
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?