Adding fuel to the writing life, she’s also interned on small farms, helped out as a volunteer with Crop Mob Atlanta, and maintains an aspirational vegetable garden where she battles shade and tries to apply permaculture principles to her city lot. Stacie is an avid fan of weird foods, especially ferments, and makes pickles and krauts, kombucha, beer, and mead from the honey her backyard bees produce.
Stacie lives a few feet outside of Atlanta proper with a dog, a cat, and various bubbling vessels keeping life interesting. Follow her on Twitter at @staciewrites.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 10 dream homes for hermits: Hidden havens
- When are you supposed to tip?
- Why mindfulness? A case for detached awareness
- Goodbye to cars: Why we should take a good look at Finland's phone-based mobility system
- James and Suzy Amis Cameron to launch global plant-based diet campaign
- 7 tiny homes that celebrate simple living
- What is mindfulness?
- 10 curious truths about Stonehenge
- 15 commonly refrigerated foods that don't need to be