Deskin currently lives in Cove, Texas, where he is completing the final coursework towards an MA in American literature from the University of New Orleans. Deskin has been active in the post-Katrina rebuilding efforts and has also written about the socio-political impact of disasters on the individuals situated in their aftermaths. Outdoor activities such as swimming and bike riding are his favorite pastimes, and his hobbies include playing the harmonica and the guitar and drawing.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"..."Please" and "Thank You" are two tiny words that need to come back into our vocabulary. ..."
- by reader Kristal
"...Every drop of water matters...."
- by reader GhhShirley
- by reader Free Voice
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Archaeologists unearth 5,000-year-old 'third-gender' caveman
- 15 famous people who mysteriously disappeared
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?
- Elephant mother and calf reunite after 3 years apart
- Marmot photobombs time-lapse video, licks camera
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 14 stunning portraits show the beauty of black and white wildlife photography
- 17 surprisingly real animals
- Cryosleep: It's not just science fiction anymore