Sam Eiffert is a student at Creighton University in Omaha, Nebraska. She is majoring in philosophy with minors in Spanish and social entrepreneurship. The practicality of a philosophy degree is yet to be determined, and in the meantime she enjoys learning about and discussing environmental issues. In spring 2011 she spent a week working on an organic farm that also raises alpacas. So inspired by the trip, she has continued to learn about and practice sustainability and simplicity. She went so far as to try (with minimal success) washing her hair with baking soda.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Guess which cars are magnets for speeding tickets? (Hint: It's not the Ferraris)
- What's the deal with cats and windows?
- 50 ways to reuse your garbage
- 50 whales may be a new (and very endangered) species
- 10 natural cough remedies
- 22 things you didn't know about hedgehogs
- 12 recipes for beans, the super-est of superfoods
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth
- 11 startling stats about Earth's disappearing wildlife