Sam Eiffert is a student at Creighton University in Omaha, Nebraska. She is majoring in philosophy with minors in Spanish and social entrepreneurship. The practicality of a philosophy degree is yet to be determined, and in the meantime she enjoys learning about and discussing environmental issues. In spring 2011 she spent a week working on an organic farm that also raises alpacas. So inspired by the trip, she has continued to learn about and practice sustainability and simplicity. She went so far as to try (with minimal success) washing her hair with baking soda.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- This balance test could predict your risk of stroke
- 17 things you didn't know you could do in a waffle iron
- How 'hygge' can help you get through winter
- What's wrong with my cookies? A troubleshooting guide
- 18 perfect snowflakes [Photos]
- 6 things you probably didn't know about 'It's a Wonderful Life'
- How often do you need to change your sheets?
- 5 fun family games for Christmas
- World's deepest fish discovered 5 miles under the ocean surface