Sam Eiffert is a student at Creighton University in Omaha, Nebraska. She is majoring in philosophy with minors in Spanish and social entrepreneurship. The practicality of a philosophy degree is yet to be determined, and in the meantime she enjoys learning about and discussing environmental issues. In spring 2011 she spent a week working on an organic farm that also raises alpacas. So inspired by the trip, she has continued to learn about and practice sustainability and simplicity. She went so far as to try (with minimal success) washing her hair with baking soda.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 15 famous people who mysteriously disappeared
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- The best workouts for your body shape
- 7 tiny homes that celebrate simple living
- 12 amazing places to sleep before you turn 50
- 10 tips for starting a plant-based diet
- Who needs an ugly Christmas sweater when you can have an ugly Christmas beard?
- 8 habits of happy people
- 10 natural cough remedies
- Say what? 11 untranslatable words from other cultures [Infographic]