Sam Eiffert is a student at Creighton University in Omaha, Nebraska. She is majoring in philosophy with minors in Spanish and social entrepreneurship. The practicality of a philosophy degree is yet to be determined, and in the meantime she enjoys learning about and discussing environmental issues. In spring 2011 she spent a week working on an organic farm that also raises alpacas. So inspired by the trip, she has continued to learn about and practice sustainability and simplicity. She went so far as to try (with minimal success) washing her hair with baking soda.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...There may very well be wood types that are best split green, but red oak isn't one of them...."
- by reader LKS473
- by reader Steven
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 7 things I wish someone told me before I adopted a dog
- Apples are still the dirtiest of the Dirty Dozen
- Infographic: What's your state good at?
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- How to hike with your cat
- What happens when you blow bubbles when it's minus 49 degrees?
- 23 adorable photos that will change the way you think about rats
- Bras don't actually work, says French study
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- 7 inspiring, badass women