Sam Eiffert is a student at Creighton University in Omaha, Nebraska. She is majoring in philosophy with minors in Spanish and social entrepreneurship. The practicality of a philosophy degree is yet to be determined, and in the meantime she enjoys learning about and discussing environmental issues. In spring 2011 she spent a week working on an organic farm that also raises alpacas. So inspired by the trip, she has continued to learn about and practice sustainability and simplicity. She went so far as to try (with minimal success) washing her hair with baking soda.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Million-mummy cemetery unearthed in Egypt
- 'Miracle Dogs' celebrates rescue dogs and their owners
- 10 ways to give without buying stuff
- 17 things you didn't know you could do in a waffle iron
- Arctic is heating up twice as quickly as rest of world
- 10 everyday foods to cook in a rice cooker
- What are the hardest languages to learn?
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- We're all searching for a better chicken recipe
- 'Smart' bicycle has radar, vibrates when it senses obstacles