Sam Eiffert is a student at Creighton University in Omaha, Nebraska. She is majoring in philosophy with minors in Spanish and social entrepreneurship. The practicality of a philosophy degree is yet to be determined, and in the meantime she enjoys learning about and discussing environmental issues. In spring 2011 she spent a week working on an organic farm that also raises alpacas. So inspired by the trip, she has continued to learn about and practice sustainability and simplicity. She went so far as to try (with minimal success) washing her hair with baking soda.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 8 habits of happy people
- 12 amazing places to sleep before you turn 50
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Would you believe these award-winning photographs were captured with an iPhone?
- How to hike with your dog: Tips, rules and great gear
- 7 tiny homes that celebrate simple living
- 15 famous people who mysteriously disappeared
- 13 surprising home remedies for acid reflux
- 10 natural cough remedies
- How to start a 365 photo project