Sam Eiffert is a student at Creighton University in Omaha, Nebraska. She is majoring in philosophy with minors in Spanish and social entrepreneurship. The practicality of a philosophy degree is yet to be determined, and in the meantime she enjoys learning about and discussing environmental issues. In spring 2011 she spent a week working on an organic farm that also raises alpacas. So inspired by the trip, she has continued to learn about and practice sustainability and simplicity. She went so far as to try (with minimal success) washing her hair with baking soda.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- When are you supposed to tip?
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Recipe: Guacamole Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- Big safety tests loom for SpaceX's Dragon capsule
- Break out the sheepskin: Study finds babies who sleep on animal skins are less likely to develop ast
- 7 tiny homes that celebrate simple living
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth
- James and Suzy Amis Cameron to launch global plant-based diet campaign
- Why mindfulness? A case for detached awareness
- Goodbye to cars: Why we should take a good look at Finland's phone-based mobility system