Sam Eiffert is a student at Creighton University in Omaha, Nebraska. She is majoring in philosophy with minors in Spanish and social entrepreneurship. The practicality of a philosophy degree is yet to be determined, and in the meantime she enjoys learning about and discussing environmental issues. In spring 2011 she spent a week working on an organic farm that also raises alpacas. So inspired by the trip, she has continued to learn about and practice sustainability and simplicity. She went so far as to try (with minimal success) washing her hair with baking soda.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Bizarre-looking angler fish caught on video for first time
- When is the best time to buy airplane tickets?
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- How to keep scratch-happy cats off furniture
- The ultimate sweet potato recipe roundup
- How to get your child to take a nap
- How 'hygge' can help you get through winter
- Photographer finds radiance in wildlife of Arctic tundra
- 18 foods that fight common ailments
- 6 food companies embracing the art of storytelling