Sam Eiffert is a student at Creighton University in Omaha, Nebraska. She is majoring in philosophy with minors in Spanish and social entrepreneurship. The practicality of a philosophy degree is yet to be determined, and in the meantime she enjoys learning about and discussing environmental issues. In spring 2011 she spent a week working on an organic farm that also raises alpacas. So inspired by the trip, she has continued to learn about and practice sustainability and simplicity. She went so far as to try (with minimal success) washing her hair with baking soda.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Dinosaur-killing meteorite remade plant kingdom, too
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- The diet Whoopi Goldberg embraced to lose 35 pounds
- Oatmeal nutrition facts
- When are you supposed to tip?
- 10 dream homes for hermits: Hidden havens
- Take a virtual tour of autumn's most spectacular avenue, the Blue Ridge Parkway
- 7 tiny homes that celebrate simple living
- Goodbye to cars: Why we should take a good look at Finland's phone-based mobility system
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion