Sam Eiffert is a student at Creighton University in Omaha, Nebraska. She is majoring in philosophy with minors in Spanish and social entrepreneurship. The practicality of a philosophy degree is yet to be determined, and in the meantime she enjoys learning about and discussing environmental issues. In spring 2011 she spent a week working on an organic farm that also raises alpacas. So inspired by the trip, she has continued to learn about and practice sustainability and simplicity. She went so far as to try (with minimal success) washing her hair with baking soda.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"..."Please" and "Thank You" are two tiny words that need to come back into our vocabulary. ..."
- by reader Kristal
"...Every drop of water matters...."
- by reader GhhShirley
- by reader Free Voice
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Cryosleep: It's not just science fiction anymore
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Thanks bro! 9 videos of humans giving animals a helping hand
- Oregon man in possession of 13 million gallons of illicit rainwater sentenced to jail
- 9 ways to redesign (and rethink) retirement
- Science explains your environmental leanings
- 6 time-tested ways to revitalize your metabolism
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Living near more trees means fewer antidepressants
- 10 beautifully useful things made from 'useless' trash