Sam Eiffert is a student at Creighton University in Omaha, Nebraska. She is majoring in philosophy with minors in Spanish and social entrepreneurship. The practicality of a philosophy degree is yet to be determined, and in the meantime she enjoys learning about and discussing environmental issues. In spring 2011 she spent a week working on an organic farm that also raises alpacas. So inspired by the trip, she has continued to learn about and practice sustainability and simplicity. She went so far as to try (with minimal success) washing her hair with baking soda.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...Stands to reason anything that's bad for one lung is bad for another. ..."
- by reader Brent WIlbur
- by reader tlr
- by reader GCO
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Bras don't actually work, says French study
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- What dehydration can do to your body [Infographic]
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 6 tools to help predict how long you'll live
- 15 famous people who mysteriously disappeared
- Parallel worlds exist and interact with our world, say physicists
- Cruise on the Great Lakes, not the high seas
- Why 2015 is a big year for child nutrition