Sam Eiffert is a student at Creighton University in Omaha, Nebraska. She is majoring in philosophy with minors in Spanish and social entrepreneurship. The practicality of a philosophy degree is yet to be determined, and in the meantime she enjoys learning about and discussing environmental issues. In spring 2011 she spent a week working on an organic farm that also raises alpacas. So inspired by the trip, she has continued to learn about and practice sustainability and simplicity. She went so far as to try (with minimal success) washing her hair with baking soda.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- What your feet say about your health
- Night skiing is even cooler if you're covered in LEDs
- The surprising health benefits of ginger
- Best air-filtering houseplants, according to NASA
- 10 natural cough remedies
- How different types of apples got their names
- Your brain has a biological response to a good book
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?
- Watch Wounda the chimpanzee hug Jane Goodall after being released into the wild