Sam Eiffert is a student at Creighton University in Omaha, Nebraska. She is majoring in philosophy with minors in Spanish and social entrepreneurship. The practicality of a philosophy degree is yet to be determined, and in the meantime she enjoys learning about and discussing environmental issues. In spring 2011 she spent a week working on an organic farm that also raises alpacas. So inspired by the trip, she has continued to learn about and practice sustainability and simplicity. She went so far as to try (with minimal success) washing her hair with baking soda.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 10 beautifully useful things made from 'useless' trash
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 10 natural cough remedies
- Photographer finds radiance in wildlife of Arctic tundra
- 10 recipes for Brussels sprouts that will make them your new favorite vegetable
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth
- 7 rainy day games to play with your dog
- 5 mind-bending facts about dreams
- Are we heading for a new 'Mass Extinction?'
- How to help stray animals survive the winter