Sam Eiffert is a student at Creighton University in Omaha, Nebraska. She is majoring in philosophy with minors in Spanish and social entrepreneurship. The practicality of a philosophy degree is yet to be determined, and in the meantime she enjoys learning about and discussing environmental issues. In spring 2011 she spent a week working on an organic farm that also raises alpacas. So inspired by the trip, she has continued to learn about and practice sustainability and simplicity. She went so far as to try (with minimal success) washing her hair with baking soda.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 5 unusual ways to keep your house warm
- How 'hygge' can help you get through winter
- Giant lost: World's largest earwig declared extinct
- 10 natural cough remedies
- What your sleep position says about you
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth
- 10 health benefits of honey
- Conceptual photographer pays homage to the mysterious work of Costica Acsinte
- How fluent are you in dog-speak?