Sophie Gaze was born in England, but has lived in Florida for the majority of her life. She is a junior at the University of Hawai'i at Manoa, majoring in journalism. Sophie volunteers at the Humane Society during the summer. In her spare time, she enjoys traveling, reading and doing anything adventurous. She has a passion for the ocean and is a certified PADI scuba instructor. After graduation, Sophie hopes to write for a science or scuba diving magazine and teach scuba diving on the side. She would also like to focus her efforts on working at animal shelters, campaigning against animal cruelty and working with organizations to promote shark preservation.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...I'm sorry, but if my child were in a class with these two, I would pull him out...."
- by reader Karen
- by reader Tara
- by reader Kaiyotee
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- How long would it take to fall through a hole in the Earth?
- Your eyeballs can now be injected with night vision
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- How to make overnight oats
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- 11 human foods dogs can eat and 5 they shouldn't
- IKEA's 'Better Shelter' refugee housing units heading to Iraq
- Parallel worlds exist and interact with our world, say physicists
- How to get rid of wasps naturally