Sophie Gaze was born in England, but has lived in Florida for the majority of her life. She is a junior at the University of Hawai'i at Manoa, majoring in journalism. Sophie volunteers at the Humane Society during the summer. In her spare time, she enjoys traveling, reading and doing anything adventurous. She has a passion for the ocean and is a certified PADI scuba instructor. After graduation, Sophie hopes to write for a science or scuba diving magazine and teach scuba diving on the side. She would also like to focus her efforts on working at animal shelters, campaigning against animal cruelty and working with organizations to promote shark preservation.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...I'm sorry, but if my child were in a class with these two, I would pull him out...."
- by reader Karen
- by reader Tara
- by reader Kaiyotee
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 7 things your senior dog would like to tell you
- How to roast pumpkin seeds
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Meet Ingo and Poldi, best friends breaking all the rules
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- Octopus snatches camera, snaps photos of photographer
- 13 surprising home remedies for acid reflux
- Which of the 8 kinds of intelligence do you have?
- The Barefoot Farmer grows more than food
- Newfound spiders have names to match their flash