Sophie Gaze was born in England, but has lived in Florida for the majority of her life. She is a junior at the University of Hawai'i at Manoa, majoring in journalism. Sophie volunteers at the Humane Society during the summer. In her spare time, she enjoys traveling, reading and doing anything adventurous. She has a passion for the ocean and is a certified PADI scuba instructor. After graduation, Sophie hopes to write for a science or scuba diving magazine and teach scuba diving on the side. She would also like to focus her efforts on working at animal shelters, campaigning against animal cruelty and working with organizations to promote shark preservation.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...I'm sorry, but if my child were in a class with these two, I would pull him out...."
- by reader Karen
- by reader Tara
- by reader Kaiyotee
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Need a dose of happy? Watch this video
- How to master the art of flower photography
- World's cutest endangered animal photographed for first time in over 2 decades
- Parallel worlds exist and interact with our world, say physicists
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- What was the Dancing Plague of 1518?
- Why do dogs tilt their heads when we speak?
- Shelter cat makes perfect rock-climbing partner
- IKEA's 'Better Shelter' refugee housing units heading to Iraq
- This might be the best video of lava you've ever seen