Sophie Gaze was born in England, but has lived in Florida for the majority of her life. She is a junior at the University of Hawai'i at Manoa, majoring in journalism. Sophie volunteers at the Humane Society during the summer. In her spare time, she enjoys traveling, reading and doing anything adventurous. She has a passion for the ocean and is a certified PADI scuba instructor. After graduation, Sophie hopes to write for a science or scuba diving magazine and teach scuba diving on the side. She would also like to focus her efforts on working at animal shelters, campaigning against animal cruelty and working with organizations to promote shark preservation.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 10 brain games to play with your dog
- Stray dog follows adventure race team for 430 miles
- Why do butterflies and moths have such detailed wings?
- Help! I forgot to thaw the turkey
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 5 mind-bending facts about dreams
- 10 beautifully useful things made from 'useless' trash
- How the planets got their names
- 5 ways being thankful can improve your life
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth