Sophie Gaze was born in England, but has lived in Florida for the majority of her life. She is a junior at the University of Hawai'i at Manoa, majoring in journalism. Sophie volunteers at the Humane Society during the summer. In her spare time, she enjoys traveling, reading and doing anything adventurous. She has a passion for the ocean and is a certified PADI scuba instructor. After graduation, Sophie hopes to write for a science or scuba diving magazine and teach scuba diving on the side. She would also like to focus her efforts on working at animal shelters, campaigning against animal cruelty and working with organizations to promote shark preservation.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 59 ways to live a longer life
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- What are the hardest languages to learn?
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- This balance test could predict your risk of stroke
- How 'hygge' can help you get through winter
- 41 of our favorite life hacks
- 10 natural cough remedies
- 6 things you probably didn't know about 'It's a Wonderful Life'
- 5 fun family games for Christmas