Sophie Gaze was born in England, but has lived in Florida for the majority of her life. She is a junior at the University of Hawai'i at Manoa, majoring in journalism. Sophie volunteers at the Humane Society during the summer. In her spare time, she enjoys traveling, reading and doing anything adventurous. She has a passion for the ocean and is a certified PADI scuba instructor. After graduation, Sophie hopes to write for a science or scuba diving magazine and teach scuba diving on the side. She would also like to focus her efforts on working at animal shelters, campaigning against animal cruelty and working with organizations to promote shark preservation.
Sophie's MOST RECENT COMMENTS
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- What your feet say about your health
- 'Everlasting storm' has 1 million lightning strikes a year
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 12 illnesses that are commonly misdiagnosed
- 5 tiny home design ideas worth stealing
- Tyrannosaur 'gangs' terrorized ancient landscape
- Are you seafood savvy? Quiz
- Meet Ginny, the happiest dog on the Internet