Sheffield Hale is a fourth-year at the University of Virginia, majoring in Environmental Thought and Practice and minoring in Economics. He currently serves as the undergraduate representative on the President's Committee on Sustainability and has worked on various sustainability projects and initiatives. His first project was coordinating UVA's Earth Week 2010, but today he works to help unify nearly 40 environmentally-focused student organizations by creating sustainaunity.com and eventually an umbrella organization. He attributes his passion for the environment to his childhood whether it was spending time at the family farm in western Alabama, watching "Captain Planet," or learning from his favorite teachers.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...There may very well be wood types that are best split green, but red oak isn't one of them...."
- by reader LKS473
- by reader Steven
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Little girl feeds crows; in return, they bring her gifts
- 7 things I wish someone told me before I adopted a dog
- 6 cool things you can make from old jeans
- Bras don't actually work, says French study
- 17-year-old invents water purifier powered by the sun
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 5 single-serve items to purge from your life
- 5 mind-bending facts about dreams
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- How to hike with your cat