Shawna is an interior designer focusing on green and sustainable design through her firm, Modern Haven Interiors. She helps clients create beautiful modern spaces using environmentally-friendly furnishings, finishes, fabrics and accessories. She's currently studying to pass the LEED Green Associate exam through the U.S. Green Building Council and will soon be certified through the REGREEN residential remodeling program. Although she was born in Kansas, she's lived in Alaska, the Ozarks, and spent most of her late childhood and teens on a working farm near St. Louis where she raised sheep, tolerated the chickens and loved her horses, dogs and cats. This early hands-on education gave her a love for sustainable agriculture and local food, which she nurtures through visits to her community farmers market in summer and her own backyard suburban garden. Shawna loves to cook, hike the trails near her house, travel abroad and photograph interesting people, places and wildlife.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...I'm sorry, but if my child were in a class with these two, I would pull him out...."
- by reader Karen
- by reader Tara
- by reader Kaiyotee
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Parallel worlds exist and interact with our world, say physicists
- Need a dose of happy? Watch this video
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Giant manta ray briefly dances with surprised diver
- This might be the best video of lava you've ever seen
- Do you have the wanderlust gene?
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- Immortal jellyfish: Does it really live forever?
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth