Shawna is an interior designer focusing on green and sustainable design through her firm, Modern Haven Interiors. She helps clients create beautiful modern spaces using environmentally-friendly furnishings, finishes, fabrics and accessories. She's currently studying to pass the LEED Green Associate exam through the U.S. Green Building Council and will soon be certified through the REGREEN residential remodeling program. Although she was born in Kansas, she's lived in Alaska, the Ozarks, and spent most of her late childhood and teens on a working farm near St. Louis where she raised sheep, tolerated the chickens and loved her horses, dogs and cats. This early hands-on education gave her a love for sustainable agriculture and local food, which she nurtures through visits to her community farmers market in summer and her own backyard suburban garden. Shawna loves to cook, hike the trails near her house, travel abroad and photograph interesting people, places and wildlife.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...Broga? Really? Are they targeting college frat boys as a demo? ..."
- by reader StoJa
- by reader John M. Uscian
- by reader Highlowsel Smith
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Egg-shaped hideaway gives whole new meaning to 'escape pod'
- Madagascar's panther chameleon is really 11 separate species
- 12 plants that repel unwanted insects
- Map points the way for the ultimate U.S. road trip
- 13 surprising home remedies for acid reflux
- Morgan Freeman is now a beekeeper
- Wild mushrooms: What to eat, what to avoid
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth
- Paradise Garden: A folk art masterpiece rises from ashes