Shawna is an interior designer focusing on green and sustainable design through her firm, Modern Haven Interiors. She helps clients create beautiful modern spaces using environmentally-friendly furnishings, finishes, fabrics and accessories. She's currently studying to pass the LEED Green Associate exam through the U.S. Green Building Council and will soon be certified through the REGREEN residential remodeling program. Although she was born in Kansas, she's lived in Alaska, the Ozarks, and spent most of her late childhood and teens on a working farm near St. Louis where she raised sheep, tolerated the chickens and loved her horses, dogs and cats. This early hands-on education gave her a love for sustainable agriculture and local food, which she nurtures through visits to her community farmers market in summer and her own backyard suburban garden. Shawna loves to cook, hike the trails near her house, travel abroad and photograph interesting people, places and wildlife.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...Stands to reason anything that's bad for one lung is bad for another. ..."
- by reader Brent WIlbur
- by reader tlr
- by reader GCO
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Bras don't actually work, says French study
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- What dehydration can do to your body [Infographic]
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- 15 famous people who mysteriously disappeared
- 6 tools to help predict how long you'll live
- How to get rid of wasps naturally
- How to put out a fire using nothing but sound
- Why 2015 is a big year for child nutrition