Shawna is an interior designer focusing on green and sustainable design through her firm, Modern Haven Interiors. She helps clients create beautiful modern spaces using environmentally-friendly furnishings, finishes, fabrics and accessories. She's currently studying to pass the LEED Green Associate exam through the U.S. Green Building Council and will soon be certified through the REGREEN residential remodeling program. Although she was born in Kansas, she's lived in Alaska, the Ozarks, and spent most of her late childhood and teens on a working farm near St. Louis where she raised sheep, tolerated the chickens and loved her horses, dogs and cats. This early hands-on education gave her a love for sustainable agriculture and local food, which she nurtures through visits to her community farmers market in summer and her own backyard suburban garden. Shawna loves to cook, hike the trails near her house, travel abroad and photograph interesting people, places and wildlife.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 41 of our favorite life hacks
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- What the heck are frankincense and myrrh?
- 15 words you never knew came from literature
- 5 fun family games for Christmas
- Google Maps inspires dog rescue
- 10 ways to give without buying stuff
- What are the hardest languages to learn?
- 10 natural cough remedies
- Best books of 2014 in conservation photography