Shareable is a nonprofit online magazine that tells the story of sharing. We cover the people, places, and projects bringing a shareable world to life. And we share how-tos so you can make a shareable world real in your life.
In a shareable world, things like clothing swaps, childcare coops, potlucks, carsharing, community gardens, and cohousing make life more fun, green, and affordable. When we share, not only is a better life possible, but so is a better world.
The remarkable successes of Zipcar, Wikipedia, Kiva, open source software, Freecycle, and Creative Commons show this. They tell a hopeful story about human nature and our future, one we don't hear enough in the mainstream media.
They show what’s possible when we share. They show that we don't act merely for our own good, but go out of our way to contribute to the common good. They show that we can solve the social and environmental crises we face, and thrive as never before. They show that a new world is emerging where the more you share the more respect you get, and where life works because everyone is motivated to help each other.
We tell this story because a shareable world might be just what's needed to enjoy life to the fullest today while creating a better tomorrow. And it's being built by people from all walks of life right now. Shareable is your invitation to join these everyday innovators in building a new world.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...Broga? Really? Are they targeting college frat boys as a demo? ..."
- by reader StoJa
- by reader John M. Uscian
- by reader Highlowsel Smith
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Wild sperm whale mimics diver
- 15 famous people who mysteriously disappeared
- 12 plants that repel unwanted insects
- 21 reasons why forests are important
- The most dangerous foods for dogs
- How olives changed the world
- Tesla's new Powerwall battery could be world-changing
- This might be the best video of lava you've ever seen