Shareable is a nonprofit online magazine that tells the story of sharing. We cover the people, places, and projects bringing a shareable world to life. And we share how-tos so you can make a shareable world real in your life.
In a shareable world, things like clothing swaps, childcare coops, potlucks, carsharing, community gardens, and cohousing make life more fun, green, and affordable. When we share, not only is a better life possible, but so is a better world.
The remarkable successes of Zipcar, Wikipedia, Kiva, open source software, Freecycle, and Creative Commons show this. They tell a hopeful story about human nature and our future, one we don't hear enough in the mainstream media.
They show what’s possible when we share. They show that we don't act merely for our own good, but go out of our way to contribute to the common good. They show that we can solve the social and environmental crises we face, and thrive as never before. They show that a new world is emerging where the more you share the more respect you get, and where life works because everyone is motivated to help each other.
We tell this story because a shareable world might be just what's needed to enjoy life to the fullest today while creating a better tomorrow. And it's being built by people from all walks of life right now. Shareable is your invitation to join these everyday innovators in building a new world.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...Stands to reason anything that's bad for one lung is bad for another. ..."
- by reader Brent WIlbur
- by reader tlr
- by reader GCO
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Bras don't actually work, says French study
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- How to get rid of wasps naturally
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 9 of the world's smallest birds
- 15 famous people who mysteriously disappeared
- 6 tools to help predict how long you'll live
- Why 2015 is a big year for child nutrition
- What dehydration can do to your body [Infographic]