Sheel Tyle is a student at Stanford University, where he is studying economics and human biology. In 2008, he was appointed to the Obama-Biden Health Policy Advisory Committee, was a part of the Battleground State Outreach Team, and sat on three subcommittees: International Health & Human Rights, Health Care Cost Growth, and Public Health. He works with former Secretary of Defense William Perry on the Preventive Defense Project, a coalition between Stanford's Center for International Security and Cooperation and Harvard's Kennedy School of Government, where he is responsible for anti-proliferation and preventive measures related to security with India and Pakistan. Sheel is the founder of two nonprofits and has consulted for energy startups, venture capital firms, online startups and NGOs. He has been recognized by the Coca-Cola Company, the Toyota Company, AT&T, Prudential Corporation, HSBC, USA Today, ESPN the Magazine, and the U.S. Congress for his work.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Parallel worlds exist and interact with our world, say physicists
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- Scientists successfully generate gasoline out of thin air
- 25 quotes that will rekindle your connection to nature
- 10 habits you should pick up from your grandmother
- 10 Valentine's Day gift ideas for school
- Guns really do change the way you think
- 6 haunting songs sung by whales
- Gadzooks! The truth behind not-so-innocent phrases