Sheel Tyle is a student at Stanford University, where he is studying economics and human biology. In 2008, he was appointed to the Obama-Biden Health Policy Advisory Committee, was a part of the Battleground State Outreach Team, and sat on three subcommittees: International Health & Human Rights, Health Care Cost Growth, and Public Health. He works with former Secretary of Defense William Perry on the Preventive Defense Project, a coalition between Stanford's Center for International Security and Cooperation and Harvard's Kennedy School of Government, where he is responsible for anti-proliferation and preventive measures related to security with India and Pakistan. Sheel is the founder of two nonprofits and has consulted for energy startups, venture capital firms, online startups and NGOs. He has been recognized by the Coca-Cola Company, the Toyota Company, AT&T, Prudential Corporation, HSBC, USA Today, ESPN the Magazine, and the U.S. Congress for his work.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 7 of the best aurora borealis videos from 2014
- How often do you really need to shower?
- How much of the Nativity story is true?
- 6 things you probably didn't know about 'It's a Wonderful Life'
- Christmas comes early with this a cappella version of 'Little Drummer Boy'
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- How to reuse silica gel packets
- Angel-winged halos give blind dogs a new leash on life
- 17 things you didn't know you could do in a waffle iron
- 13 surprising home remedies for acid reflux