Sheel Tyle is a student at Stanford University, where he is studying economics and human biology. In 2008, he was appointed to the Obama-Biden Health Policy Advisory Committee, was a part of the Battleground State Outreach Team, and sat on three subcommittees: International Health & Human Rights, Health Care Cost Growth, and Public Health. He works with former Secretary of Defense William Perry on the Preventive Defense Project, a coalition between Stanford's Center for International Security and Cooperation and Harvard's Kennedy School of Government, where he is responsible for anti-proliferation and preventive measures related to security with India and Pakistan. Sheel is the founder of two nonprofits and has consulted for energy startups, venture capital firms, online startups and NGOs. He has been recognized by the Coca-Cola Company, the Toyota Company, AT&T, Prudential Corporation, HSBC, USA Today, ESPN the Magazine, and the U.S. Congress for his work.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- What is mindfulness?
- 15 commonly refrigerated foods that don't need to be
- The world's 10 oldest living trees
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Make ice cream in 5 minutes with one ingredient
- Healthy Banana Blueberry Bread: Vegan Recipe
- Stunning views and rattled nerves abound at cliff-clinging Aussie abode
- Wild mushrooms: What to eat, what to avoid
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth