Sheel Tyle is a student at Stanford University, where he is studying economics and human biology. In 2008, he was appointed to the Obama-Biden Health Policy Advisory Committee, was a part of the Battleground State Outreach Team, and sat on three subcommittees: International Health & Human Rights, Health Care Cost Growth, and Public Health. He works with former Secretary of Defense William Perry on the Preventive Defense Project, a coalition between Stanford's Center for International Security and Cooperation and Harvard's Kennedy School of Government, where he is responsible for anti-proliferation and preventive measures related to security with India and Pakistan. Sheel is the founder of two nonprofits and has consulted for energy startups, venture capital firms, online startups and NGOs. He has been recognized by the Coca-Cola Company, the Toyota Company, AT&T, Prudential Corporation, HSBC, USA Today, ESPN the Magazine, and the U.S. Congress for his work.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Guess which cars are magnets for speeding tickets? (Hint: It's not the Ferraris)
- 50 whales may be a new (and very endangered) species
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 10 things you should know about Ebola
- 50 ways to reuse your garbage
- Going off the grid: Why more people are choosing to live life unplugged
- Tiny sea monkeys create giant ocean currents
- 11 startling stats about Earth's disappearing wildlife
- 12 recipes for beans, the super-est of superfoods
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?