Space.com, launched in 1999, is the world's No. 1 source for news of astronomy, skywatching, space exploration, commercial spaceflight and related technologies. Our team of experienced reporters, editors and video producers explore the latest discoveries, missions, trends and futuristic ideas, interviewing expert sources and offering up deep and broad analysis of the findings and issues that are fundamental to or understanding of the universe and our place in it. For more info, please visit space.com.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Guess which cars are magnets for speeding tickets? (Hint: It's not the Ferraris)
- 50 whales may be a new (and very endangered) species
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 10 things you should know about Ebola
- 50 ways to reuse your garbage
- Going off the grid: Why more people are choosing to live life unplugged
- Tiny sea monkeys create giant ocean currents
- 11 startling stats about Earth's disappearing wildlife
- 12 recipes for beans, the super-est of superfoods
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?