Space.com, launched in 1999, is the world's No. 1 source for news of astronomy, skywatching, space exploration, commercial spaceflight and related technologies. Our team of experienced reporters, editors and video producers explore the latest discoveries, missions, trends and futuristic ideas, interviewing expert sources and offering up deep and broad analysis of the findings and issues that are fundamental to or understanding of the universe and our place in it. For more info, please visit space.com.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...There may very well be wood types that are best split green, but red oak isn't one of them...."
- by reader LKS473
- by reader Steven
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 7 things I wish someone told me before I adopted a dog
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- 7 things you didn't know about prairie dogs
- Portraits of fellas and their felines subvert 'crazy cat lady' theme
- How to hike with your cat
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Bras don't actually work, says French study
- 23 adorable photos that will change the way you think about rats
- What is the blue hour? Learn about this magic time between daylight and darkness
- What your blood type says about you