MY MOST RECENT CONTENT
What's on your mind? Don't be shy! Let people know what you are thinking.
Samira Siddique lives in Brooklyn and is a senior at Stuyvesant High School in New York City. She is the managing editor of the school paper, The Spectator, and has an avid interest in journalism. She has also volunteered at the New York Aquarium in Coney Island and backpacked through the North Carolina wilderness with Outward Bound. She traveled to Bangladesh to work with some of the country's most innovative rural development and environmental organizations, on projects such as the construction of the region's largest solar power plant and surveys of poor communities which suffer the effects of climate change. Once she is done with her formal education, she hopes to be an advocate for environmental and social justice.
- I am going to do a chemical/toxin audit of my home
- I will actually use my reusable bags
- I will eat more meals at home
- I will make my home more energy-efficient
- I will read three environmentally themed books this year
- I will recycle my old electronics & not throw them away before I buy any new gadgets
- I will support my local and green businesses this year
- I will walk one place each week instead of driving there