Samira Siddique lives in Brooklyn and is a senior at Stuyvesant High School in New York City. She is the managing editor of the school paper, The Spectator, and has an avid interest in journalism. She has also volunteered at the New York Aquarium in Coney Island and backpacked through the North Carolina wilderness with Outward Bound. She traveled to Bangladesh to work with some of the country's most innovative rural development and environmental organizations, on projects such as the construction of the region's largest solar power plant and surveys of poor communities which suffer the effects of climate change. Once she is done with her formal education, she hopes to be an advocate for environmental and social justice.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...I'm sorry, but if my child were in a class with these two, I would pull him out...."
- by reader Karen
- by reader Tara
- by reader Kaiyotee
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Meet Ingo and Poldi, best friends breaking all the rules
- Octopus snatches camera, snaps photos of photographer
- 8 adorable videos of baby animals taking baths
- 7 little-known side effects of daylight saving time
- Which of the 8 kinds of intelligence do you have?
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Quokka selfies are taking the Internet by storm
- 15 famous people who mysteriously disappeared
- 12 tips for kicking the refined sugar habit
- Oats: 12 recipes to get this super grain into your diet