Samira Siddique lives in Brooklyn and is a senior at Stuyvesant High School in New York City. She is the managing editor of the school paper, The Spectator, and has an avid interest in journalism. She has also volunteered at the New York Aquarium in Coney Island and backpacked through the North Carolina wilderness with Outward Bound. She traveled to Bangladesh to work with some of the country's most innovative rural development and environmental organizations, on projects such as the construction of the region's largest solar power plant and surveys of poor communities which suffer the effects of climate change. Once she is done with her formal education, she hopes to be an advocate for environmental and social justice.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...Stands to reason anything that's bad for one lung is bad for another. ..."
- by reader Brent WIlbur
- by reader tlr
- by reader GCO
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Bras don't actually work, says French study
- Bizarre lamb with human-like face born in Russia
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- 6 tools to help predict how long you'll live
- The long, strange history of the laugh track
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 9 of the world's smallest birds
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth
- What dehydration can do to your body [Infographic]