Samira Siddique lives in Brooklyn and is a senior at Stuyvesant High School in New York City. She is the managing editor of the school paper, The Spectator, and has an avid interest in journalism. She has also volunteered at the New York Aquarium in Coney Island and backpacked through the North Carolina wilderness with Outward Bound. She traveled to Bangladesh to work with some of the country's most innovative rural development and environmental organizations, on projects such as the construction of the region's largest solar power plant and surveys of poor communities which suffer the effects of climate change. Once she is done with her formal education, she hopes to be an advocate for environmental and social justice.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 11 things dog owners should never say
- 11 ways to open a stuck jar lid
- Guide to pairing wine with Halloween candy
- 'In Search of Lost Frogs': Photographer rescues frogs from oblivion
- Creepy peepers: The science behind trippy fly eyes
- 13 surprising home remedies for acid reflux
- 10 natural cough remedies
- Food fraud: 10 counterfeit products we commonly consume
- How fluent are you in dog-speak?