Samira Siddique lives in Brooklyn and is a senior at Stuyvesant High School in New York City. She is the managing editor of the school paper, The Spectator, and has an avid interest in journalism. She has also volunteered at the New York Aquarium in Coney Island and backpacked through the North Carolina wilderness with Outward Bound. She traveled to Bangladesh to work with some of the country's most innovative rural development and environmental organizations, on projects such as the construction of the region's largest solar power plant and surveys of poor communities which suffer the effects of climate change. Once she is done with her formal education, she hopes to be an advocate for environmental and social justice.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...There may very well be wood types that are best split green, but red oak isn't one of them...."
- by reader LKS473
- by reader Steven
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Bras don't actually work, says French study
- 7 things I wish someone told me before I adopted a dog
- Baobab: The 'superfood' that saves lives
- Portraits of fellas and their felines subvert 'crazy cat lady' theme
- What is freezing fog?
- 15 famous people who mysteriously disappeared
- Apples are still the dirtiest of the Dirty Dozen
- How to stop (some) drones from flying over your house
- Parallel worlds exist and interact with our world, say physicists