Samira Siddique lives in Brooklyn and is a senior at Stuyvesant High School in New York City. She is the managing editor of the school paper, The Spectator, and has an avid interest in journalism. She has also volunteered at the New York Aquarium in Coney Island and backpacked through the North Carolina wilderness with Outward Bound. She traveled to Bangladesh to work with some of the country's most innovative rural development and environmental organizations, on projects such as the construction of the region's largest solar power plant and surveys of poor communities which suffer the effects of climate change. Once she is done with her formal education, she hopes to be an advocate for environmental and social justice.
Samira's MOST RECENT COMMENTS
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Why crafting is good for mental health
- What are the hardest languages to learn?
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 8 ways to overcome emotional eating
- Think you know how to spot a psychopath? Think again
- 5 invasive plants to keep out of your garden
- How fluent are you in dog-speak?
- Time-lapses reveal dazzling starscape over Grand Canyon, Monument Valley
- 10 natural cough remedies
- This herd of wild elephants enjoys a stroll through a hotel lobby