Samira Siddique lives in Brooklyn and is a senior at Stuyvesant High School in New York City. She is the managing editor of the school paper, The Spectator, and has an avid interest in journalism. She has also volunteered at the New York Aquarium in Coney Island and backpacked through the North Carolina wilderness with Outward Bound. She traveled to Bangladesh to work with some of the country's most innovative rural development and environmental organizations, on projects such as the construction of the region's largest solar power plant and surveys of poor communities which suffer the effects of climate change. Once she is done with her formal education, she hopes to be an advocate for environmental and social justice.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 7 tiny homes that celebrate simple living
- 26 photos of cats sleeping wherever they want, however they want
- The world's happiest country in 2013 was...
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth
- 10 dream homes for hermits: Hidden havens
- Hyperemesis gravidarum is not morning sickness
- Dog-friendly beaches: Coastal canines
- Why is my cat peeing outside the litter box?
- When are you supposed to tip?