Samira Siddique lives in Brooklyn and is a senior at Stuyvesant High School in New York City. She is the managing editor of the school paper, The Spectator, and has an avid interest in journalism. She has also volunteered at the New York Aquarium in Coney Island and backpacked through the North Carolina wilderness with Outward Bound. She traveled to Bangladesh to work with some of the country's most innovative rural development and environmental organizations, on projects such as the construction of the region's largest solar power plant and surveys of poor communities which suffer the effects of climate change. Once she is done with her formal education, she hopes to be an advocate for environmental and social justice.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"..."Please" and "Thank You" are two tiny words that need to come back into our vocabulary. ..."
- by reader Kristal
"...Every drop of water matters...."
- by reader GhhShirley
- by reader Free Voice
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 10 habits you should pick up from your grandmother
- Archaeologists unearth 5,000-year-old 'third-gender' caveman
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 12 plants that repel unwanted insects
- 'Everlasting storm' has 1 million lightning strikes a year
- Wild mushrooms: What to eat, what to avoid
- 6 time-tested ways to revitalize your metabolism
- 13 surprising home remedies for acid reflux
- Why creative people shouldn't work 9 to 5