Samira Siddique lives in Brooklyn and is a senior at Stuyvesant High School in New York City. She is the managing editor of the school paper, The Spectator, and has an avid interest in journalism. She has also volunteered at the New York Aquarium in Coney Island and backpacked through the North Carolina wilderness with Outward Bound. She traveled to Bangladesh to work with some of the country's most innovative rural development and environmental organizations, on projects such as the construction of the region's largest solar power plant and surveys of poor communities which suffer the effects of climate change. Once she is done with her formal education, she hopes to be an advocate for environmental and social justice.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"..."Please" and "Thank You" are two tiny words that need to come back into our vocabulary. ..."
- by reader Kristal
"...Every drop of water matters...."
- by reader GhhShirley
- by reader Free Voice
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Archaeologists unearth 5,000-year-old 'third-gender' caveman
- 15 famous people who mysteriously disappeared
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?
- Elephant mother and calf reunite after 3 years apart
- Marmot photobombs time-lapse video, licks camera
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 14 stunning portraits show the beauty of black and white wildlife photography
- 17 surprisingly real animals
- Cryosleep: It's not just science fiction anymore