Samira Siddique lives in Brooklyn and is a senior at Stuyvesant High School in New York City. She is the managing editor of the school paper, The Spectator, and has an avid interest in journalism. She has also volunteered at the New York Aquarium in Coney Island and backpacked through the North Carolina wilderness with Outward Bound. She traveled to Bangladesh to work with some of the country's most innovative rural development and environmental organizations, on projects such as the construction of the region's largest solar power plant and surveys of poor communities which suffer the effects of climate change. Once she is done with her formal education, she hopes to be an advocate for environmental and social justice.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...Stands to reason anything that's bad for one lung is bad for another. ..."
- by reader Brent WIlbur
- by reader tlr
- by reader GCO
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Are you emotionally intelligent?
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Kitten found with frozen paws will make full recovery
- Bras don't actually work, says French study
- 8 astonishing benefits of walking
- What is exploding head syndrome?
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- 13 photos of dogs that got invited to the wedding
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth