Samira Siddique lives in Brooklyn and is a senior at Stuyvesant High School in New York City. She is the managing editor of the school paper, The Spectator, and has an avid interest in journalism. She has also volunteered at the New York Aquarium in Coney Island and backpacked through the North Carolina wilderness with Outward Bound. She traveled to Bangladesh to work with some of the country's most innovative rural development and environmental organizations, on projects such as the construction of the region's largest solar power plant and surveys of poor communities which suffer the effects of climate change. Once she is done with her formal education, she hopes to be an advocate for environmental and social justice.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...Broga? Really? Are they targeting college frat boys as a demo? ..."
- by reader StoJa
- by reader John M. Uscian
- by reader Highlowsel Smith
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- The most dangerous foods for dogs
- How olives changed the world
- 12 plants that repel unwanted insects
- The surprising reason why morning walks can help you lose weight
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- This might be the best video of lava you've ever seen
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- Oregon man in possession of 13 million gallons of illicit rainwater sentenced to jail
- How to get rid of wasps naturally