Samira Siddique lives in Brooklyn and is a senior at Stuyvesant High School in New York City. She is the managing editor of the school paper, The Spectator, and has an avid interest in journalism. She has also volunteered at the New York Aquarium in Coney Island and backpacked through the North Carolina wilderness with Outward Bound. She traveled to Bangladesh to work with some of the country's most innovative rural development and environmental organizations, on projects such as the construction of the region's largest solar power plant and surveys of poor communities which suffer the effects of climate change. Once she is done with her formal education, she hopes to be an advocate for environmental and social justice.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...I'm sorry, but if my child were in a class with these two, I would pull him out...."
- by reader Karen
- by reader Tara
- by reader Kaiyotee
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Giant manta ray briefly dances with surprised diver
- Parallel worlds exist and interact with our world, say physicists
- Need a dose of happy? Watch this video
- This might be the best video of lava you've ever seen
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- Newborn leopard cub can't keep his eyes open
- World's cutest endangered animal photographed for first time in over 2 decades
- The Barefoot Farmer grows more than food