Samira Siddique lives in Brooklyn and is a senior at Stuyvesant High School in New York City. She is the managing editor of the school paper, The Spectator, and has an avid interest in journalism. She has also volunteered at the New York Aquarium in Coney Island and backpacked through the North Carolina wilderness with Outward Bound. She traveled to Bangladesh to work with some of the country's most innovative rural development and environmental organizations, on projects such as the construction of the region's largest solar power plant and surveys of poor communities which suffer the effects of climate change. Once she is done with her formal education, she hopes to be an advocate for environmental and social justice.
Samira's MOST RECENT COMMENTS
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- How extensive is California's drought? Compare the photos
- 36 random animal facts that may surprise you
- 13-year-old Masai boy invents device to help his community live in peace with the lions
- Massive veggies break world records at flower show [Photos]
- Who owns the very first Ford Mustang?
- 8 habits of happy people
- Watch Wounda the chimpanzee hug Jane Goodall after being released into the wild
- Can you identify these famous buildings? MNN quiz
- The surprising reason hummingbirds love sweet stuff