Samira Siddique lives in Brooklyn and is a senior at Stuyvesant High School in New York City. She is the managing editor of the school paper, The Spectator, and has an avid interest in journalism. She has also volunteered at the New York Aquarium in Coney Island and backpacked through the North Carolina wilderness with Outward Bound. She traveled to Bangladesh to work with some of the country's most innovative rural development and environmental organizations, on projects such as the construction of the region's largest solar power plant and surveys of poor communities which suffer the effects of climate change. Once she is done with her formal education, she hopes to be an advocate for environmental and social justice.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...There may very well be wood types that are best split green, but red oak isn't one of them...."
- by reader LKS473
- by reader Steven
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 6 ways to annoy a pregnant woman
- Quokka selfies are taking the Internet by storm
- Meet the cats that rule Facebook
- The Barefoot Farmer grows more than food
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- In Rotterdam, a wind turbine that's also an apartment complex (and an observation wheel)
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- 10 habits you should pick up from your grandmother
- 7 inspiring, badass women
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth