Samira Siddique lives in Brooklyn and is a senior at Stuyvesant High School in New York City. She is the managing editor of the school paper, The Spectator, and has an avid interest in journalism. She has also volunteered at the New York Aquarium in Coney Island and backpacked through the North Carolina wilderness with Outward Bound. She traveled to Bangladesh to work with some of the country's most innovative rural development and environmental organizations, on projects such as the construction of the region's largest solar power plant and surveys of poor communities which suffer the effects of climate change. Once she is done with her formal education, she hopes to be an advocate for environmental and social justice.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 5 sadly common reasons people fall out of love
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Use baking soda for easy-to-peel hard-boiled eggs
- How to make kefir (and what it is, if you don't know)
- Puppy-sized spider surprises and scares scientist
- Watch: A forest year
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?
- Vegan grocery list: Top 50 staples for a meat-free diet
- 10 natural cough remedies
- 13 surprising home remedies for acid reflux