Sidney Stevens loves to write about the planet, healthy living and people working to make a difference. In addition to her frequent contributions to MNN, she has also written for Sierra magazine, Newsweek, Travel & Leisure, Gaiam.com, Inspire Health, Natural Living Today and the Union of Concerned Scientists. In addition, she served as editor and writer for the eco-website GreenYour and has coauthored four books that explore, in part, the impact of environmental contaminants on the human body. She has an MA in Journalism from the University of Michigan and recently received her certification as an environmental steward from Rutgers University. Favorite pastimes include yoga, hiking, volunteering with environmental groups, reading, movies, travel and refurbishing throwaway items into useful and artistic creations.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"..."Please" and "Thank You" are two tiny words that need to come back into our vocabulary. ..."
- by reader Kristal
"...Every drop of water matters...."
- by reader GhhShirley
- by reader Free Voice
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 10 habits you should pick up from your grandmother
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Archaeologists unearth 5,000-year-old 'third-gender' caveman
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 12 inspiring examples of macro flower photography
- What your blood type says about you
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth
- 6 time-tested ways to revitalize your metabolism
- 13 surprising home remedies for acid reflux
- A new Earth: 10 NASA images of planets like Earth