Sidney Stevens loves to write about the planet, healthy living and people working to make a difference. In addition to her frequent contributions to MNN, she has also written for Sierra magazine, Newsweek, Travel & Leisure, Gaiam.com, Inspire Health, Natural Living Today and the Union of Concerned Scientists. In addition, she served as editor and writer for the eco-website GreenYour and has coauthored four books that explore, in part, the impact of environmental contaminants on the human body. She has an MA in Journalism from the University of Michigan and recently received her certification as an environmental steward from Rutgers University. Favorite pastimes include yoga, hiking, volunteering with environmental groups, reading, movies, travel and refurbishing throwaway items into useful and artistic creations.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- This simple sitting test could predict how long you will live
- 7 traits of people who are great at relationships
- How the planets got their names
- 9 of the most interesting inventions of 2014
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 13 surprising home remedies for acid reflux
- 10 beautifully useful things made from 'useless' trash
- Why do butterflies and moths have such detailed wings?
- 5 fun family games for Christmas