Sidney Stevens loves to write about the planet, healthy living and people working to make a difference. In addition to her frequent contributions to MNN, she has also written for Sierra magazine, Newsweek, Travel & Leisure, Gaiam.com, Inspire Health, Natural Living Today and the Union of Concerned Scientists. In addition, she served as editor and writer for the eco-website GreenYour and has coauthored four books that explore, in part, the impact of environmental contaminants on the human body. She has an MA in Journalism from the University of Michigan and recently received her certification as an environmental steward from Rutgers University. Favorite pastimes include yoga, hiking, volunteering with environmental groups, reading, movies, travel and refurbishing throwaway items into useful and artistic creations.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- How 'hygge' can help you get through winter
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Ballet dancer finds her footing through dreamlike photos
- What your sleep position says about you
- Beautiful moment: 100-year-old woman sees ocean for the first time
- How to give a cat a pill
- 5 unusual ways to keep your house warm
- America's favorite place to go to the bathroom is at a botanical garden in Pennsylvania
- This simple sitting test could predict how long you will live
- Why are some people colder than others?