Sidney Stevens loves to write about the planet, healthy living and people working to make a difference. In addition to her frequent contributions to MNN, she has also written for Sierra magazine, Newsweek, Travel & Leisure, Gaiam.com, Inspire Health, Natural Living Today and the Union of Concerned Scientists. In addition, she served as editor and writer for the eco-website GreenYour and has coauthored four books that explore, in part, the impact of environmental contaminants on the human body. She has an MA in Journalism from the University of Michigan and recently received her certification as an environmental steward from Rutgers University. Favorite pastimes include yoga, hiking, volunteering with environmental groups, reading, movies, travel and refurbishing throwaway items into useful and artistic creations.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Why dogs don't like to be hugged
- 10 habits you should pick up from your grandmother
- 15 commonly refrigerated foods that don't need to be
- 8 things you didn't know about the autumnal equinox
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?
- This simple sitting test could predict how long you will live
- 12 commands every dog should know
- Best air-filtering houseplants, according to NASA
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth