Sidney Stevens loves to write about the planet, healthy living and people working to make a difference. In addition to her frequent contributions to MNN, she has also written for Sierra magazine, Newsweek, Travel & Leisure, Gaiam.com, Inspire Health, Natural Living Today and the Union of Concerned Scientists. In addition, she served as editor and writer for the eco-website GreenYour and has coauthored four books that explore, in part, the impact of environmental contaminants on the human body. She has an MA in Journalism from the University of Michigan and recently received her certification as an environmental steward from Rutgers University. Favorite pastimes include yoga, hiking, volunteering with environmental groups, reading, movies, travel and refurbishing throwaway items into useful and artistic creations.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 25 quotes that will rekindle your connection to nature
- Parallel worlds exist and interact with our world, say physicists
- Guns really do change the way you think
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- Gadzooks! The truth behind not-so-innocent phrases
- Scientists successfully generate gasoline out of thin air
- Small fridges make good cities, healthier people
- 6 haunting songs sung by whales
- Why reading fiction makes you a better person