Sidney Stevens loves to write about the planet, healthy living and people working to make a difference. In addition to her frequent contributions to MNN, she has also written for Sierra magazine, Newsweek, Travel & Leisure, Gaiam.com, Inspire Health, Natural Living Today and the Union of Concerned Scientists. In addition, she served as editor and writer for the eco-website GreenYour and has coauthored four books that explore, in part, the impact of environmental contaminants on the human body. She has an MA in Journalism from the University of Michigan and recently received her certification as an environmental steward from Rutgers University. Favorite pastimes include yoga, hiking, volunteering with environmental groups, reading, movies, travel and refurbishing throwaway items into useful and artistic creations.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...I'm sorry, but if my child were in a class with these two, I would pull him out...."
- by reader Karen
- by reader Tara
- by reader Kaiyotee
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Need a dose of happy? Watch this video
- 11 quirky travel destinations for cat people
- World's cutest endangered animal photographed for first time in over 2 decades
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Parallel worlds exist and interact with our world, say physicists
- This might be the best video of lava you've ever seen
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Act fast to save big on LED light bulbs
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth
- Why do dogs tilt their heads when we speak?