Sidney Stevens loves to write about the planet, healthy living and people working to make a difference. In addition to her frequent contributions to MNN, she has also written for Sierra magazine, Newsweek, Travel & Leisure, Gaiam.com, Inspire Health, Natural Living Today and the Union of Concerned Scientists. In addition, she served as editor and writer for the eco-website GreenYour and has coauthored four books that explore, in part, the impact of environmental contaminants on the human body. She has an MA in Journalism from the University of Michigan and recently received her certification as an environmental steward from Rutgers University. Favorite pastimes include yoga, hiking, volunteering with environmental groups, reading, movies, travel and refurbishing throwaway items into useful and artistic creations.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- How much of the Nativity story is true?
- 7 of the best aurora borealis videos from 2014
- Angel-winged halos give blind dogs a new leash on life
- 6 things you probably didn't know about 'It's a Wonderful Life'
- How often do you really need to shower?
- 5 fun family games for Christmas
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Christmas comes early with this a cappella version of 'Little Drummer Boy'
- Food fraud: 10 counterfeit products we commonly consume
- See 6 months of Earth from space in 6 minutes