Sidney Stevens loves to write about the planet, healthy living and people working to make a difference. In addition to her frequent contributions to MNN, she has also written for Sierra magazine, Newsweek, Travel & Leisure, Gaiam.com, Inspire Health, Natural Living Today and the Union of Concerned Scientists. In addition, she served as editor and writer for the eco-website GreenYour and has coauthored four books that explore, in part, the impact of environmental contaminants on the human body. She has an MA in Journalism from the University of Michigan and recently received her certification as an environmental steward from Rutgers University. Favorite pastimes include yoga, hiking, volunteering with environmental groups, reading, movies, travel and refurbishing throwaway items into useful and artistic creations.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 15 words you never knew came from literature
- 10 ways to give without buying stuff
- 'Miracle Dogs' celebrates rescue dogs and their owners
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 17 things you didn't know you could do in a waffle iron
- How to transform your sleep with the sun
- How 'hygge' can help you get through winter
- What are the hardest languages to learn?
- What is salt block cooking?
- Million-mummy cemetery unearthed in Egypt