Sidney Stevens loves to write about the planet, healthy living and people working to make a difference. In addition to her frequent contributions to MNN, she has also written for Sierra magazine, Newsweek, Travel & Leisure, Gaiam.com, Inspire Health, Natural Living Today and the Union of Concerned Scientists. In addition, she served as editor and writer for the eco-website GreenYour and has coauthored four books that explore, in part, the impact of environmental contaminants on the human body. She has an MA in Journalism from the University of Michigan and recently received her certification as an environmental steward from Rutgers University. Favorite pastimes include yoga, hiking, volunteering with environmental groups, reading, movies, travel and refurbishing throwaway items into useful and artistic creations.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...I'm sorry, but if my child were in a class with these two, I would pull him out...."
- by reader Karen
- by reader Tara
- by reader Kaiyotee
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Parallel worlds exist and interact with our world, say physicists
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Mother's photos glorify a mermaid's adventures
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Finally answered! Which came first, the chicken or the egg?
- 13 surprising home remedies for acid reflux
- How long would it take to fall through a hole in the Earth?
- 15 famous people who mysteriously disappeared
- A simple homemade electrolyte drink
- The Grand Canyon is under attack (from humans)