Sujay Tyle is a freshman at Harvard University in Cambridge, Mass. He attended high school at Pittsford Mendon High School in Rochester, N.Y. Since he was 10, he has conducted graduate-level science research on the production of ethanol as alternative energy using bacteria. Through his research, he has earned the titles of "Eco-Hero" from Action-for-Nature, "Eco-Ambassador" from the Weather Channel, and "The Best Young Scientist in New York" from the state Science Congress Competition. In April he was honored by the White House and the EPA as a recipient of the Presidential Environmental Youth Award. In addition, Sujay has worked with DuPont Co. on commercial production methods of cellulosic ethanol and may continue working with them in the future. Sujay recently founded his own nonprofit company, ReSight, Inc., which works with ophthalmological hospitals in Southern Asia to allow kids to have eye surgery when they cannot afford it. Sujay attended the Research Science Institute at MIT this summer while conducting physics research at Harvard University. He has served on the editorial board of the Democrat and Chronicle, upstate New York's leading newspaper.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Parallel worlds exist and interact with our world, say physicists
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- Why reading fiction makes you a better person
- 12 commands every dog should know
- Gadzooks! The truth behind not-so-innocent phrases
- Scientists successfully generate gasoline out of thin air
- How do you know if your sugar is vegan?
- 46 smart uses for salt
- 13 surprising home remedies for acid reflux