Sujay Tyle is a freshman at Harvard University in Cambridge, Mass. He attended high school at Pittsford Mendon High School in Rochester, N.Y. Since he was 10, he has conducted graduate-level science research on the production of ethanol as alternative energy using bacteria. Through his research, he has earned the titles of "Eco-Hero" from Action-for-Nature, "Eco-Ambassador" from the Weather Channel, and "The Best Young Scientist in New York" from the state Science Congress Competition. In April he was honored by the White House and the EPA as a recipient of the Presidential Environmental Youth Award. In addition, Sujay has worked with DuPont Co. on commercial production methods of cellulosic ethanol and may continue working with them in the future. Sujay recently founded his own nonprofit company, ReSight, Inc., which works with ophthalmological hospitals in Southern Asia to allow kids to have eye surgery when they cannot afford it. Sujay attended the Research Science Institute at MIT this summer while conducting physics research at Harvard University. He has served on the editorial board of the Democrat and Chronicle, upstate New York's leading newspaper.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- What is mindfulness?
- The world's 10 oldest living trees
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 15 commonly refrigerated foods that don't need to be
- How to spot a narcissist
- Make ice cream in 5 minutes with one ingredient
- Why Americans are less happy with their new cars
- Stunning views and rattled nerves abound at cliff-clinging Aussie abode
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth