Sujay Tyle is a freshman at Harvard University in Cambridge, Mass. He attended high school at Pittsford Mendon High School in Rochester, N.Y. Since he was 10, he has conducted graduate-level science research on the production of ethanol as alternative energy using bacteria. Through his research, he has earned the titles of "Eco-Hero" from Action-for-Nature, "Eco-Ambassador" from the Weather Channel, and "The Best Young Scientist in New York" from the state Science Congress Competition. In April he was honored by the White House and the EPA as a recipient of the Presidential Environmental Youth Award. In addition, Sujay has worked with DuPont Co. on commercial production methods of cellulosic ethanol and may continue working with them in the future. Sujay recently founded his own nonprofit company, ReSight, Inc., which works with ophthalmological hospitals in Southern Asia to allow kids to have eye surgery when they cannot afford it. Sujay attended the Research Science Institute at MIT this summer while conducting physics research at Harvard University. He has served on the editorial board of the Democrat and Chronicle, upstate New York's leading newspaper.
Sujay's MOST RECENT COMMENTS
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Take a classic road trip on America's longest highway
- How fluent are you in dog-speak?
- 15 things humans do wrong at dog parks
- Older than your grandma - Animals with the longest life spans
- 10 natural remedies using honey
- 7 rainy day games to play with your dog
- 16 clever uses for binder clips
- 6 books every dog owner should read
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion