Starre Vartan has been an environmental journalist for over a decade, and has written for New York magazine, Metropolis, Inhabitat.com, Audubon magazine (where she was a columnist), Whole Living, Elle.com, Plenty, and E/The Environmental Magazine. She started her career by focusing on natural beauty, eco fashion and sustainable living on her blog, eco-chick.com, on which her book, "The Eco Chick Guide to Life: How to Be Fabulously Green" (St. Martin's Press, 2009), is based. Starre was chosen as one of Glamour magazine's Top Green Women for the 70th anniversary issue, and has been quoted by the New York Times for her ecological expertise. She currently contributes to The Huffington Post in the Green and Style sections and LuxuryTravel.About.com where she writes about sustainable travel destinations. Starre regularly consults for Fortune 500 companies and is working on a home linens collection (based on her nature photography) launched in Summer 2014. Starre has a BS in geology from Syracuse University and an MFA in writing from Columbia University. When not on the road visiting her family in Australia or checking out swimming holes the world over, she gardens, hikes, reads novels, mountain bikes and snowboards.
Starre's MOST RECENT CONTENT
Fri, Jun 13 2014 at 06:35 PM
Mon, Jun 09 2014 at 06:31 PM
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...I'm sorry, but if my child were in a class with these two, I would pull him out...."
- by reader Karen
- by reader Tara
- by reader Kaiyotee
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Bras don't actually work, says French study
- What happens when you blow bubbles when it's minus 49 degrees?
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- Parallel worlds exist and interact with our world, say physicists
- The Flow beehive harvests honey without opening hive
- 15 houseplants for improving indoor air quality: A breath of fresh air
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- What is freezing fog?
- 18 most bizarre pigeon breeds
- 7 things I wish someone told me before I adopted a dog