Starre Vartan has been an environmental journalist for over a decade, and has written for New York magazine, Metropolis, Inhabitat.com, Audubon magazine (where she was a columnist), Whole Living, Elle.com, Plenty, and E/The Environmental Magazine. She started her career by focusing on natural beauty, eco fashion and sustainable living on her blog, eco-chick.com, on which her book, "The Eco Chick Guide to Life: How to Be Fabulously Green" (St. Martin's Press, 2009), is based. Starre was chosen as one of Glamour magazine's Top Green Women for the 70th anniversary issue, and has been quoted by the New York Times for her ecological expertise. She currently contributes to The Huffington Post in the Green and Style sections and LuxuryTravel.About.com where she writes about sustainable travel destinations. Starre regularly consults for Fortune 500 companies and is working on a home linens collection (based on her nature photography) launched in Summer 2014. Starre has a BS in geology from Syracuse University and an MFA in writing from Columbia University. When not on the road visiting her family in Australia or checking out swimming holes the world over, she gardens, hikes, reads novels, mountain bikes and snowboards.
Starre's MOST RECENT CONTENT
Tue, Feb 25 2014 at 02:42 PM
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...Broga? Really? Are they targeting college frat boys as a demo? ..."
- by reader StoJa
- by reader John M. Uscian
- by reader Highlowsel Smith
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- The inspiring letter carried by climber killed on Everest
- Kids who grow up with dogs and cats are more emotionally intelligent and compassionate
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Giant cold 'bubble' discovered in our universe may finally have an explanation
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- How to help the victims of Nepal's earthquake
- 10 foods you should never, ever eat
- The Ecomodernist Manifesto: How to have a great Anthropocene
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- Drone flies after being installed with honeybee brain