Tammy Marie Rose is an author, journalist and host of the weekly "TreeHuggers Environmental Chatter" radio show on Clay County's WYAP 101.7. Tammy is an activist fighting to stop the devastating practice of mountaintop removal mining in her home state of West Virginia. She and her husband, John, are co-founders of the environmental group The Friends of the Mountains. All things green interest her. She believes that it is time to leave coal behind and move on to alternative energy sources such as wind farms. Tammy believes we should all remember the old Native American saying, "We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, but borrow it from our children."
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Underwater 'lump' may be wreckage from Amelia Earhart's plane
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Guide to pairing wine with Halloween candy
- 30 hearty soup recipes for fall and winter
- Earth's water existed 135 million years earlier than scientists originally thought
- Tiny jumping spiders dance like there's no tomorrow
- 12 horror films that reveal Mother Nature's evil side
- 11 things dog owners should never say
- 8 creepiest places in U.S. national parks
- Can a Google search prove that we've been visited by time travelers from the future?