Tammy Marie Rose is an author, journalist and host of the weekly "TreeHuggers Environmental Chatter" radio show on Clay County's WYAP 101.7. Tammy is an activist fighting to stop the devastating practice of mountaintop removal mining in her home state of West Virginia. She and her husband, John, are co-founders of the environmental group The Friends of the Mountains. All things green interest her. She believes that it is time to leave coal behind and move on to alternative energy sources such as wind farms. Tammy believes we should all remember the old Native American saying, "We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, but borrow it from our children."
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Why dogs don't like to be hugged
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 5 cheap ways to save 1,000 gallons of water
- Extraordinary images from Iceland, a place of fire and ice
- 18 things you didn't know about dog paws
- Desert survival skills: Would you make it out alive? MNN quiz
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- How to clean brass naturally
- Norwegian music stars Ylvis teach you how to tie the world's greatest knot
- Could bacteria from honeybees replace antibiotics?