Tammy Marie Rose is an author, journalist and host of the weekly "TreeHuggers Environmental Chatter" radio show on Clay County's WYAP 101.7. Tammy is an activist fighting to stop the devastating practice of mountaintop removal mining in her home state of West Virginia. She and her husband, John, are co-founders of the environmental group The Friends of the Mountains. All things green interest her. She believes that it is time to leave coal behind and move on to alternative energy sources such as wind farms. Tammy believes we should all remember the old Native American saying, "We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, but borrow it from our children."
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...Broga? Really? Are they targeting college frat boys as a demo? ..."
- by reader StoJa
- by reader John M. Uscian
- by reader Highlowsel Smith
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 12 plants that repel unwanted insects
- Map points the way for the ultimate U.S. road trip
- How one small town became the 'Lavender Capital of North America'
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Watch 21 flowers bloom in 2 minutes
- How fast could you travel across the U.S. in the 1800s?
- Need a dose of happy? Watch this video
- What's that sound? 7 wildlife calls you might hear in your backyard
- How fluent are you in dog-speak?