Tammy Marie Rose is an author, journalist and host of the weekly "TreeHuggers Environmental Chatter" radio show on Clay County's WYAP 101.7. Tammy is an activist fighting to stop the devastating practice of mountaintop removal mining in her home state of West Virginia. She and her husband, John, are co-founders of the environmental group The Friends of the Mountains. All things green interest her. She believes that it is time to leave coal behind and move on to alternative energy sources such as wind farms. Tammy believes we should all remember the old Native American saying, "We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, but borrow it from our children."
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...I'm sorry, but if my child were in a class with these two, I would pull him out...."
- by reader Karen
- by reader Tara
- by reader Kaiyotee
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 7 things your senior dog would like to tell you
- Meet Ingo and Poldi, best friends breaking all the rules
- Octopus snatches camera, snaps photos of photographer
- 8 adorable videos of baby animals taking baths
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 7 little-known side effects of daylight saving time
- Newfound spiders have names to match their flash
- Which of the 8 kinds of intelligence do you have?
- 7 things I wish someone told me before I adopted a dog
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.