Tammy Marie Rose is an author, journalist and host of the weekly "TreeHuggers Environmental Chatter" radio show on Clay County's WYAP 101.7. Tammy is an activist fighting to stop the devastating practice of mountaintop removal mining in her home state of West Virginia. She and her husband, John, are co-founders of the environmental group The Friends of the Mountains. All things green interest her. She believes that it is time to leave coal behind and move on to alternative energy sources such as wind farms. Tammy believes we should all remember the old Native American saying, "We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, but borrow it from our children."
Tammy's MOST RECENT COMMENTS
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 7 traits of people who are great at relationships
- How fluent are you in dog-speak?
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?
- Older than your grandma - Animals with the longest life spans
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 4 breastfeeding myths, debunked
- 10 of the smallest homes in the world: A truly eco-abode
- Dark Chocolate Mousse with Cardomom and Hazelnuts: Vegan recipe
- If I fits, I sits: 18 photos that prove cats can get comfortable anywhere