Tammy Marie Rose is an author, journalist and host of the weekly "TreeHuggers Environmental Chatter" radio show on Clay County's WYAP 101.7. Tammy is an activist fighting to stop the devastating practice of mountaintop removal mining in her home state of West Virginia. She and her husband, John, are co-founders of the environmental group The Friends of the Mountains. All things green interest her. She believes that it is time to leave coal behind and move on to alternative energy sources such as wind farms. Tammy believes we should all remember the old Native American saying, "We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, but borrow it from our children."
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...There may very well be wood types that are best split green, but red oak isn't one of them...."
- by reader LKS473
- by reader Steven
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 6 ways to annoy a pregnant woman
- Oats: 12 recipes to get this super grain into your diet
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Meet the cats that rule Facebook
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- Real-life cookie monsters steal Girl Scout cookies
- Quokka selfies are taking the Internet by storm
- Weasel catches ride with woodpecker (Yes, it's real)
- How to stop (some) drones from flying over your house
- 10 habits you should pick up from your grandmother