Tammy Marie Rose is an author, journalist and host of the weekly "TreeHuggers Environmental Chatter" radio show on Clay County's WYAP 101.7. Tammy is an activist fighting to stop the devastating practice of mountaintop removal mining in her home state of West Virginia. She and her husband, John, are co-founders of the environmental group The Friends of the Mountains. All things green interest her. She believes that it is time to leave coal behind and move on to alternative energy sources such as wind farms. Tammy believes we should all remember the old Native American saying, "We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, but borrow it from our children."
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...There may very well be wood types that are best split green, but red oak isn't one of them...."
- by reader LKS473
- by reader Steven
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 7 things I wish someone told me before I adopted a dog
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- Apples are still the dirtiest of the Dirty Dozen
- What your blood type says about you
- 7 things you didn't know about prairie dogs
- Bras don't actually work, says French study
- Portraits of fellas and their felines subvert 'crazy cat lady' theme
- 10 natural cough remedies
- What happens when you blow bubbles when it's minus 49 degrees?